The children and I were in Kerr Drug in Pittsboro shopping for some allergy relief eye drops yesterday. I had Hyrum in the backpack on my back, Eliza in the shopping cart in her car seat, Wilford trying to walk only on the blue tiles, with Lucy right behind him, and Lillie and Holly scouring the shelves for something interesting. I was talking to Tim on the cell phone, searching the shelves for the right medicine. I found what we needed, and was walking out of the aisle when a woman stopped me and said, "You don't happen to be Tim Hester's wife do you?" Ha! I guess having six children is more of an anomaly than I give it credit to be- I guess I'm in denial, but that was apparently the dead give away! She was the nurse manager in the clinic in Sanford that he manages, and she said, "I just knew with all those children, you had to be his wife!" I mean really- are we the ONLY family in Pittsboro with six children??? No way.
Celeste
3 comments:
That makes me laugh a lot! Who knows; you really may be the only family with 6 kids in town. I get tired just taking Spencer in places sometimes. I can't imagine to many more little Bargers.
I didn't know you ventured out with all of the kids. I guess I thought Tim did all of the grocery shopping - Sams and everything. If you feel that way with 6, I'm sure your mother got more attention and recognition than she wanted too. Congrats on being a Pittsboro celebrity.
Venturing out keeps us alive! Tim had been doing most of the shopping, but after the initial shock of addition #6, the task has been sliding back to me...
Post a Comment