Monday, March 10, 2008

Saturday


We had kind of a strange day on Saturday ... it started out with a scary encounter with some vicious dogs. Luckily, the kids and I are okay, but it was definitely not anything that I want to repeat ever again in my life. I think if some nice people in a car hadn't happened by at exactly the right moment, one of us would have been bitten. We called animal control and both of the dogs (wild or stray) were captured. Then, Hayden found this toad in the yard. It was red, really bumpy (a toad for sure and not a frog), with shiny gold eyelids. I've never seen anything like that before. It must have hopped out of the swamp next to our house. Then, later in the evening, Cletus and Christian headed to Stake Priesthood Session only to find out halfway there that it was Sunday night, not Saturday. Still, we enjoyed the brief visit with Mia and Kalea. So, all in all, it was a strange day. Life is sure full of surprises!

4 comments:

HAWAIIAN SIMPSON FAMILY said...

Thanks for giving Mia a bath! Sorry to hear about the dog attack. That happened to my mom last summer and she did end up getting bit. I'm glad everything turned out ok. You were definitely being protected:)

Alice said...

That is really scary! It is hard to know exactly what to do when wild animals are involved. It seems Hayden's prayer worked. Glad that nobody got hurt. Hopefully they put the dogs down so they don't hurt people.

Alice said...

It's very confusing to read the comments from everyone else and we all say "alice said"... when I really didn't say it. If anyone knows how to change that - go for it! Or, maybe we could all identify ourselves. I am the real Alice.

Hester Family said...

I think we are seeing a different side of Alice on this website...how many personalities do you really have??? Alice said this and that. I think to make the change, people should not sign in using your password, but sign in with their own google account. My first post (birth story) says, "Alice said" because I used your password. Sign in with your own google account and it gives your real identity...unless you guys don't want to 'fess up to what you write!